Hershey delivers its latest series of festive treats
US-based Hershey has joined the ranks of major confectionery brands unveiling a broad portfolio of new products for this year’s crucial Christmas trading period.
With global confectioner markets hit by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the business is hoping to spread some seasonal cheer with releases across its core brands, including Reese’s, KitKat and Ice Breakers, with new flavours, unique shapes and even chocolate bars you can play with.
Among the most notable releases is Hershey’s Kisses sugar cookie candy, and the brand’s Cookies ‘N’ Creme Build-A-Snowman, Reese’s Peanut Butter Nutcrackers, Reese’s White Elephant and Miniatures Mega Cane.
Further new products include KitKat Duos mint and dark chocolate snack size, and Ice breakers Bottle Pack Gum, which are all being made available for the US market from next month, targeting the key baking, gifting markets.
“We are excited to deliver new, interactive and innovative treats from Hershey’s, Reese’s, KitKat, and Ice Breakers brands this year, all dressed up for the holidays,” said Michael Reese, senior brand manager, Hershey holiday team.
“This portfolio is one of the largest holiday offerings we have ever created and we are excited to be introducing the 10th limited edition holiday Hershey’s Kisses variety with the new Kisses Sugar Cookie candy, giving consumers the most exciting flavour profiles and festive options to choose from.”
More on the jolly-good new treats coming to shelves nationwide in October 2020:
• Hershey’s Kisses Sugar Cookie candy (Standard 7.5 oz. and 9 oz. bag, SRP: $3.49): The new melt-in-your-mouth range of candy embodies that soft, sweet taste that is delicately crafted into one delicious bite, but no baking needed Made with sugar cookie flavoured creme and real cookie pieces, these are great for a sweet treat, sharing with those you love or topping off your favourite holiday blossoms recipe.
• Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Build-A-Santa (XL 4 oz. bar, SRP: $1.99): The brand’s classic Milk Chocolate Bar has been transformed this holiday season to break and build your own Santa.
• Reese’s Peanut Butter Nutcrackers (Standard 10 oz. bag, SRP: $3.49): Make room under your tree because the iconic brand is bringing you a brand-new look with its latest line offering a fun, festive take on the peanut butter and chocolate duo.
– Meanwhile, one of the brand’s major releases is its White Elephant (6 oz. box, SRP: $4.99): There are no surprises here – this is a White Elephant gift that everyone will vie for. This takes the classic peanut butter filling, wraps it in white creme and moulds it into an unmistakable shape perfect for any holiday party.
– Reese’s Miniatures Mega Cane (6.8 oz., SRP: $4.99) – this striking addition to the range measures nearly 2-foot-long, with the candy cane being packed with Reese’s Peanut Butter Miniatures, wrapped in gold, green and red foils.