Entries open for the debut World Confectionery Awards
Some of the most noteworthy achievements of the past year within our industry will be celebrated this September with our World Confectionery Awards, which form a key part of the World Confectionery Conference.
Though we may well inhabit challenging times, this is all the more reason to consider putting a company or team forward to be in with a chance of being recognised with an accolade as part of our debut event.
As ProSweets and ISM recently demonstrated, there have already been a number of notable new ranges, systems and equipment released in recent months, which we anticipate will be competing for honours later this year.
Significantly, the World Confectionery Awards are being voted for entirely by those working within the sector, which will ensure that gaining an accolade really will be cherished by recipients. Winners will be presented with their honours at a drinks reception that completes our conference being held at the Brussels Marriott Hotel, Grand Place on 11 September.
Our five categories for this year’s debut awards include: –
- Equipment innovation, dedicated to the overall design of new equipment, or enhancement of existing lines.
- Sustainability, celebrating efficiency achievements for equipment and systems within the confectionery and snacks sectors
- Team of the Year – marking team-based successes within an individual company
- Ingredients innovation – honouring specific sector breakthroughs within ingredients
- Finished product innovation – showcasing the latest developments in finished products
These independently moderated awards, which will further ensure neutrality, will result in a shortlist before the event, where the winners will receive their respective awards.