World Confectionery Awards are under starters’ orders for our 2022 event
With deadlines looming, this is just a short but sweet missive regarding this year’s World Confectionery Awards, which form part of our World Confectionery Conference this September.
Entries for the five categories for this year’s event in Brussels – which will be our first in-person version of the event, are now fully open and offer your business a great chance to celebrate its achievements amid challenging times.
The good news is that they’re free to enter, and will be judged by the industry to ensure that this remains a peer-led competition that will be impartial in its approach as it seeks to mark some of the successes of the past year.
Certainly, with the ongoing challenges of the pandemic, as well as spiralling trading costs around the world, the chance to engage in some reflection upon triumphs through adversity will no doubt be viewed positively by most. As with any awards, there may be a little effort involved in submitting your entries, we warmly welcome all of our readers and their businesses to get involved in what will be a memorable awards event at our World Confectionery Conference at the Brussels Marriott Grand Place on 9 September this year.
The five core categories this year include:
• Equipment innovation – Dedicated to the overall design of new or existing equipment
• Sustainability – Focusing on efficiency of equipment and systems for confectionery and snacks sectors
• Team of the Year – Marking leading team contributions and achievement to an individual business. • Ingredients innovation – Celebrating major breakthroughs in ingredients
• Ingredients innovation – Celebrating major breakthroughs in ingredients
• Finished Product innovation – Showcasing dynamic new finished product confectionery lines
So if you’re thinking about getting involved, please do so sooner rather than later, as it makes the process an awful lot easier if we’re taking entries as we go along, though we will be keeping entries open until the start of July for any late-breaking developments. We’ll look forward to hearing from you soon with all your latest developments vying for honours in Brussels this September. For more information and to post an entry, see our website for details.
Neill Barston, editor, Confectionery Production
- Keep in touch at [email protected] or via social media: @confectionprod