Nine inducted into the Candy Hall of Fame
The National Confectionery Sales Association (NCSA) inducted nine new members into the Candy Hall of Fame at its annual meeting this year.
It marks the 199th anniversary of the NCSA and the 47th Candy Hall of Fame induction.
John A Leipold Jr, NCSA president and CEO said: “This event is about honoring and celebrating the accomplishments of the nine individuals being inducted into the Candy Hall of Fame. Their many contributions and undeniable commitment to giving back to our industry and their communities embody all that the Candy Hall of Fame has to stand for.”
The inductees for 2018:
- Lisa Rowland Brasher, Jelly Belly Candy Co
- Tempe Brooks, Adams & Brooks
- Laura Christian, Bell Flavours & Fragrances
- Kenneth Fries, Crossmark
- James Hachtel, Eby-Brown Co
- Gertrude Hawk (posthumous), Gertrude Hawk Chocolates
- James H. Heinz, Bell Flavours & Fragrances
- Jeff Rubin, IT’SUGAR
- Adrian Timms, ATimms Consulting, LLC
The National Confectionery Sales Association has been in existence for over one hundred years and has been sponsoring the Candy Hall of Fame since 1971. This induction marks the 199th anniversary and the 47th induction weekend. The organization encourages growth and acceptance of confectionery products in the industry through educational tools, constructive dialogue, and acknowledgements of accomplishments.